Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM)
In a unique and pioneering design center building, Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM) contains 850 m2 clean room, multi-disciplinary laboratories spread over a total 1500 m2 area and common rooms and offices of 2400 m2. The advanced technology of SUNUM is designed as interdisciplinary talent laboratories with the equipment such as the electron microscopes capable of atomic size imaging and analysis, equipment that can analyze genes of various cells rapidly and systems that can create metal or semiconductor layers of a few atom thicknesses.
SUNUM, with its academically and industrial partners, prioritize human-centered, secure research and applications in areas such as advanced material, environment, health, energy, defense and food.
Research utilities in SUNUM are:
• Micro/Nano Production Laboratory (100-1000,ISO 5/6 class 850 m2 clean room)
• Electron Spectroscopy Laboratory
• Nanoelectronics and Nanomagnetism Laboratory
• Micro-Nano Fluids Laboratory
• Surface Sciences and Energy Systems Laboratory
• Genomics and Nanobiotechnology Laboratory (BSL2-D)
• Advanced Microscopy Laboratory
• Cell Culture Laboratories (BSL2)
• Micro/Nano System Test Laboratories
• 3-dimensional micro design and production Laboratories
SUNUM is one of the founding members of ISEK and concordantly, its research utilities are available for all ISEK members.